Baptisms at the Beach
Come celebrate with us!
Since 2006, Shepherd has been making the trek to Ventura with the goal of truly celebrating baptism. Throughout the years, we have seen thousands of people publicly declare their commitment to Christ by being baptized at the beach. All are welcome to join the celebration and participate in the church picnic and BBQ (donations welcome)!
Sunday, August 23rd
Church BBQ: 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Service and Baptisms: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
San Buenaventura State Beach Park
901 San Pedro St
Ventura, CA 93001
• 101 North to Seaward Avenue
• Exit at Seaward and turn left off the freeway; turn right onto Harbor Boulevard (first street)
• Turn left on San Pedro Street (just past the Marriott hotel)
• At Pierpoint Boulevard, turn right into the beach parking lot
• Have your parking pass ready for the attendant. Parking passes are available in the church bulletin starting three weekends before the event.
Register by Clicking Here! and choose one of five baptism classes (listed below) to attend.
- Woodland Hills, Sunday, August 16 from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. in the Overflow Room
- Porter Ranch, Wednesday, August 12 from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Room MC104
- Porter Ranch, Saturday, August 15 from 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. in Room WC143
- Agua Dulce, Sunday, August 16 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in Room 2
- Porter Ranch, Wednesday, August 19 from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Room MC104
Watch our 2018 recap video!