Shepherd Church exists to share the love of Jesus Christ with our community so “that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” John 3:15. We understand that sometimes people encounter difficult situations in their life. Therefore, in the interest of helping others, we have developed an Assistance Program. The people of our church have given their offering money to our church and we view it as God’s money, not ours. Therefore, in order to be wise stewards of these resources, this program must not be used irresponsibly, but rather with loving discernment. Please be aware of the policies below. They are not intended to burden you, but to simply be a responsible way for us to discern needs and use God’s resources in a wise, responsible and caring manner.
- Active members and regular attenders of Shepherd Church will be given priority for assistance.
- For those not associated with Shepherd Church, the type of assistance offered is meant to meet basic necessities and is limited to food support as is available.
- Failure to complete this application in its entirety will delay or prevent the review of your request.
- Completion of this application, and meeting with a pastor is NOT a guarantee that assistance will be provided.
- Because of limited resources and the many needs of the community, assistance can only be provided once per year decreasing in amount with each approval.
- Shepherd Church reserves the right to adjust or disapprove an applicant’s request based on ineligibility, or the interviewing pastor’s prayerful discretion. Shepherd Church does not provide long-term financial assistance. The purpose of our assistance program is to provide support in the case of an urgent short-term need. We do not provide assistance with credit card debt, long-term medical needs, childcare, tuition, cell phone, vehicles, taxes, travel fare, storage, fines or legal fees.
- Shepherd Church does NOT provide cash or gas cards.
- You must provide a Driver’s License or valid photo ID which will be photo copied.
- Your information will be kept as confidential as possible.
Please read and fill out THIS APPLICATION in its entirety, and email it to Assistance@shepherdchurch.com
Or mail it to the church:
19700 Rinaldi Street
Porter Ranch, CA 91326