MESSAGE FROM OUR EXECUTIVE PASTOR | May 11, 2020
Dear Shepherd Church Family,
For years, you have faithfully come to our church, now it’s our turn to come to you!
As our community navigates through the COVID-19 pandemic, Shepherd Church will continue to pause all in-person gatherings in keeping with the guidelines and recommendations of the State of California and L.A. County government officials, Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the California Department of Public Health.
The good news is that even in this time of crisis, we are thankful for technology that allows us to unite together weekly as a church family to worship, take communion, pray, and hear the Bible preached boldly.
State of the Church
Listen to Pastor Dudley share his thoughts on large gatherings and Shepherd Church. Watch here.
Read the Video Script Here.
Join Us for Weekend Services
Please gather with anyone in your home and join us for church online each Saturday at 6 p.m., Sunday at 9 a.m., or 11 a.m.
Here are four simple ways to access our broadcast:
Shepherd Church App (ROKU, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV)
God is Moving
God is working and moving in our midst. During the last few weeks, Shepherd has met the tangible needs of healthcare workers and organizations in our community who are at the frontlines of COVID-19.
- We have partnered with the American Red Cross to host multiple blood drives to provide life-saving blood during emergencies. Thus far, we have donated 73 units of blood with the potential of impacting 219 lives.
We have supported local restaurants affected by stay-at-home orders by purchasing food to be delivered to over 1,500 emergency room personnel.
We partnered with Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission to raise $117,565 to fund four COVID-19 shelters.
- We made and distributed over 2,000 masks to local organizations in need so far.
We purchased and helped distribute over 250 cases of masks, 220 cases of lab coats, 220 cases of gloves, and 200 cases of shoe covers to local hospitals and nursing homes.
- Shepherd’s Response Team packaged and delivered hundreds of care packages to vulnerable populations, such as the elderly, sick, and shut-in throughout our local community.
- Our staff have been in constant virtual meetings over the past two weeks and if we’ve realized anything, it is that God is on the move! Staff teams have had to adapt and innovate on a moment’s notice. We have prayed fervently for our church, health officials, government officials, and for those who are sick to be healed. I am proud to be part of a church staff that is passionate about lifting up Jesus and caring for others.
Since deciding to move our services online, our weekend attendance has increased from 10,000 people every weekend to over 20,000 watching online.
- I have heard stories of people coming to know Jesus for the first time and experiencing His peace that surpasses all understanding.
- I have been inspired to hear stories of people in our church who are taking care of those most at risk by purchasing groceries and urgent supplies.
If You Need Help
We would love to pray for you or connect you with a pastor. Please click here.
If you need something, we will do our best to help you. Email: email@example.com
If You Want To Help
When you give to the church, you're impacting more than just Shepherd — you're supporting our local and global partners too. We will not only use your tithes and offerings to share the Gospel, but to also be Jesus’ hands and feet in a time our world needs Him more than ever. Give here.
As a father, I know how difficult it can be to navigate this time at home and the difficult conversations you’re having with your children. We are committed to investing in our church’s families. You can find church at home experiences for preschool, elementary, middle school, and high school, right here:
While we do our part by staying home, it’s important we stay connected. We will be uploading Life Group lessons weekly for you to use during our virtual Life Group gatherings.
If you need help joining a group or figuring out how your group can meet virtually, reach out to our Life Groups team here.
Leaping in Expectation
When Pastor Dudley kicked off this year, our theme was Leaping in Expectation. Boy, did we take a leap a few weeks ago! We are literally walking by faith.
I know this may sound strange, but I believe it is possible, as believers, for us to embrace this difficult moment with holy expectation for what is to come. Romans 8:28 says, “We know in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.” I cling to the hope of Scripture with the expectation that although things seem dark — and I know that many are having very, very dark moments — yet, in these moments, remember the light isn’t just coming, it has already come.
Executive Pastor, Shepherd Church
Read our Press Release HERE
RESOURCES TO HELP KEEP YOU SAFE
Stopping the Spread of Germs
Safety Protocols for School and Home
Social Distancing & Self Quarantine
City of L.A. COVID-19 Updates
WAYS TO HELP
June 24 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Shepherd Church is proud to partner with The American Red Cross and host a blood drive. The Red Cross is offering free anti-body testing for COVID-19 for anyone
Sign up HERE.
Download flyer HERE.
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for volunteer licensed medical professionals across the U.S. Learn more.